Skip to main content
- Give credit to the author or creator of the source information
- Avoid plagiarism by telling your reader whose idea is being presented
- Stay organized
What do I cite?
- Cite any ideas that are not your own.
- Cite quotes from other people.
- Cite ideas that you have paraphrased or summarized.
- Do not cite "common knowledge" which includes dates and basic facts. When in doubt, cite it or ask Sarah the libarrian or your teacher for clarification.
- Do not cite your own ideas.